Digital Marketing Internship
Full Time Temporary - Potential to Permanent Position
A unique opportunity to be part of our exciting growth plans. We are looking for either a graduate or similar to join an established company as we evolve our sales and marketing in the digital space.
If successful in the role, this internship will evolve into a full-time permanent position with a bright solid future…
An exciting and varied opportunity has arisen within the Halo Financial Marketing Team, based at our Head Office in one of the most vibrant business areas of London.
We seek a bright and ambitious Digital Marketing Intern with a passion for all aspects of online marketing, particularly social media marketing and business growth.
The Digital Marketing Intern will primarily take responsibility for overseeing key social media channels, as well as managing the interaction, responses and content creation ideas. The successful candidate should be comfortable with having creative freedom and take initiative to work across the business to produce fresh and impactful work that helps develop the brand online and deliver commercial value.
The successful candidate will attend all meetings with our external marketing agencies and internal departments and gain experience: using their analytical thought; working across multiple online media platforms; developing the Halo brand; working with our international partners and affiliates; optimising our owned digital media platforms; working with 3rd party sales and marketing teams; and much more.
The ideal candidate is possibly a recent graduate seeking an action-packed experience in the Financial Services industry; working in a liquid, fast paced currency market. They will be enthusiastic, conscientious and have good interpersonal skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership (after an initial trial period) of Halo owned digital media platforms, including website, social media, asset portal, Google Analytics and Google Tag manager
- Support the digital go-live activities of new partnerships/affiliates and sales activities
- Assist with analysis of data, reporting on effectiveness of new online initiatives and inbound activity, ensuring key findings and learnings are taken
- Manage throughout from 3rd party agencies, developing work briefs, liaising on a daily basis, and ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Own centralised mechanism which protects brand representation and 3rd parties
- Monitor and manage company presence on multiple social platforms on a day-to-day basis
- Work with the marketing team and associated agencies to introduce cohesive marketing campaigns to run throughout the year
- Assist in creating rich multimedia content that stimulates audience interaction, brand awareness, traffic generation, and brings Halo’s values to life
- Act as the key point of escalation to help quickly remove online issues which may prevent the business achieving set objectives
- Assist in identifying and developing a network of trusted partners online, to improve brand awareness and service offerings
- Identify and share suitable content to improve company profile within our chosen markets/cities and customer base
- Manage new initiatives which support traffic generation to Halo’s domains, optimise and improve the online user experience
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders ensuring web content, updates, assets and functionality are implemented in line with best practice, in an accurate and timely manner.
Personal qualities and attributes:
- A keen interest in social media and digital marketing
- Driven to succeed, willingness to use initiative and proactivity seek out new opportunities
- Ability to be flexible, multitask and prioritise work schedules
- High level of accuracy and organisation
- Desire to complete a task to set high standard
- Able to work under pressure and meet targets
- To be able to work well both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate well
- Looking for a career not just an Internship?
Experience and qualifications:
- Candidate does not need to have a degree or equivalent, however would be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (Graded A-C must include Maths and English Language)
- Previous work experience in a marketing role highly preferred or degree in this field
- Familiarity with working in an office environment
- Understanding of Google Tag Manager (beneficial not essential)