Whether you’re moving to Italy in search of a more relaxed lifestyle or you’ve made a career move, it is essential that you send your belongings safely and securely onto your new destination. Having a reliable international removals firm on board is one way to avoid any mishaps along the way. Give yourself plenty of time to research companies that offer the service you require and gather quotes. Whilst many may offer a similar service, or indeed cheaper quotes, it’s worth doing your research. International Removal Companies such as PSS International Removals are governed by an array of official bodies, which make their service adhere to strict rules and regulations.
You should always look out for the following accreditations before making your final decision:
- - FAIM Accreditation, which is only independent Quality Assurance standard for the International Moving Industry.
- - Membership of the FIDI Global Alliance, which sets a quality benchmark for its members.
- - Membership of the British Association of Removers Overseas Group. BAR OVERSEAS is covered by the I.M.M.I. Advance payment guarantee scheme for your financial protection.
Choosing the right removals company can take some of the steam (and stress) out of the move. Once you have decided which company is going to take care of your move they should take you through each step of the process. If you have moved house before, then much will be familiar – you will be working towards a date, deciding whether to have someone pack for you, or whether you will be doing it all yourself. Companies such as PSS International Removals will assign you a move coordinator who will advise you on the process and dates and timings.
As the moving date moves closer you’ll be kept informed of what’s happening and when. If you’ve decided to pack your own belongings, you’ll be given professional boxes, material and cartons in which to do this. Remember to give yourself plenty of time to pack up. It’s easy to underestimate what you’ve got to do. If professional packers are completing the process, you’ll be given a moving date and they will arrive and make sure everything is safely packed away. They’ll give you an inventory of what has gone onto the lorry.
Providing you are an EU member, you will need the following documents to move your belongings to Italy:
- Certificate of residency confirming they have been working and living for more than 12 months in the current country of origin.
- European Certificate or N.I.E number.
- Removal inventory in Italy
- Valuation form for Shipment Protection Cover
- Purchase receipts (only applicable if you are importing any newly purchased goods)
Check with your international removals firm for exactly what you need to provide.
Again, this could all change when the UK officially leaves the European Union. Check with your international removals firm for exactly what you need to provide. When shipping your personal belongings to Italy, the transit time between removal in the UK and arrival at your new home will be approximately three to seven days for dedicated loads and one to three weeks for part load shipments.