On 30th March 2015
, the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment and the Qualifications Recognised as an Exception used for New Zealand immigration purposes will be updated. It is recommended that people in the following situations check the updated lists as the changes may impact whether they can claim points for their qualifications without an individual assessment from the New Zealand Qualifications Authority
Applicants from the UK will need to be especially wary regarding the changes
- Those intending to complete an Expression of Interest under Skilled Migrant Category instructions;
- Those who have already submitted an Expression of Interest;
- Those who have been invited to apply for residence.
as the amendments in the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment will impact on current UK exemptions for academic qualifications, technical and vocational qualifications, and trade and craft qualifications. The changes will include:
- the addition and removal of qualifications,
- the addition and removal of institutions from which it is applicable to claim the qualification exemptions,
- changes to qualification levels, and
- changes to qualification awarding dates.
Amendments will also be made to the list of Qualifications Recognised as an Exception for British applicants.