Last updated – 14 August 2018.
1. Who we are and about this policy
This website (the ‘Website’), www.halofinancial.com, is operated and maintained by Halo Financial Ltd. The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us and we treat the privacy of your information seriously. Please read this policy carefully as it explains what information we are gathering, how we will use it and to demonstrate our commitment to your personal and financial privacy.
We maintain appropriate technical, physical and organisational security measures to protect against any unauthorised access or damage to, or disclosure or loss of, your information.
3. What information do we need to collect from you?
- Your basic personal information – name, address, date of birth, phone and email contact details,
- Company information and/or financial details, including currency requirements.
4. Why do we need to collect this information from you?
- Necessary for the performance of the service we provide you
- Necessary to meet a legal or regulatory obligation we may face
- It is in the Public Interest
- Where we have a legitimate business interest to use your information
- Where you have given us your consent.
5. How we use and disclose your personal information
We will communicate our products and services to you which we believe may be of interest to you and which relate to your currency needs. We will communicate with you by email, telephone or SMS, based upon our legitimate interest (unless you have told us you do not want us to) or your consent to do so.
6. Your rights
You have a number of specific rights with regards to our use of your personal information, including:
- Access to the personal information or a copy of the information you provided in a portable format.
- Request that we correct or delete the personal information, or restrict or object to the use of your personal information at any time.
- Withdraw your consent or object to any automated decision making/profiling.
- Complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) at any time. They can be contacted via: https://ico.org.uk.
7. How long will we keep your information?
8. International data transfers
We will not transfer your information outside the EEA unless it is to a country assessed by the EU as having adequate data protection laws in place or we will keep control of the information or require anyone we pass it to, to treat it to European Union standards.
9. Links to other websites
We may use ‘cookies’ and other similar technologies, for example pixel tags (a small piece of code that captures information on the web browser you’re using) or tracking IP addresses, on our website. The web browsers of most computers are initially set up to accept cookies, however, if you prefer you can disable cookies through your Internet browser.
11. Contacting us
You can also ask for further information about the way we use your personal information, or to complain about its use, by contacting our Data Protection Officer at: Halo Financial Ltd. Battersea Studios 2, 82 Silverthorne Road, London, SW8 3HE or by emailing email@example.com.